Thursday, June 28, 2012

Juicing with my Baby Bullet

Okay, so yes, it has been a few days since my last blog.  I seriously don't see how people keep up with theirs!  It is a lot of work!  Oh my!  Anyways, so dealing with sicklings and weining Aiden off the Paci, it has been hectic!  Not to mention getting my bible class ready!  Can't wait to post the pictures after my room is in order:)  I live a busy life, I mean, these days who doesn't.  As I think about it, I really need to cut things out.  I mean, but what do you cut out.  So to get a hold of my busy schedule here is a run down:

  Monday: wake up, facebook/email check, clean up, make breakfast, get everyone dressed, gym, lunch, nap, editing/facebook/email check, clean up again, wake Steven up, dinner, editing bed time, 
Tuesday, wake up, facebook/email check, clean up, make breakfast, get everyone dressed, gym, lunch with the girls, nap, editing/facebook/email check, clean up again, wake Steven up, dinner, editing bed time, editing, blogging, so forth.
Wednesday wake up, facebook/email check, clean up, make breakfast, get everyone dressed, gym, lunch , wake Steven up, Bible study with Stuart, nap,  editing/facebook/email check, clean up again, ,dinner, Church, editing bed time, editing and so forth.
Thursday wake up, facebook/email check, clean up, make breakfast, get everyone dressed, gym, lunch, nap, editing/facebook/email check, Grocery run, clean up again, wake Steven up, dinner, editing bed time,
Friday: wake up, facebook/email check, clean up, make breakfast, get everyone dressed, gym, lunch, nap, editing/facebook/email check, clean up again, wake Steven up, dinner, editing bed time,
Saturday: Photo Sessions all day/editing.  Family time, bed, editing.
Sunday wake up, breakfast (if we wake up on time) church, lunch, nap, church, dinner, bed time.


Okay, so naps and bedtime are for the kids, I on the other hand, stay up late trying to play catch up!  I hope no one got lost, and I know I am leaving things out lol!  Whew, now that I see it on writing, I feel like I have to stay up later and wake up earlier to get things done.  So, I neglect my health because I live on the go.  There are numerous of Americans that live on the go.  Yes, I do go to the gym, I am there 2 hours a day, I feel like I am shaping up, but not loseing the pounds.  You following? 


 So, I have been doing lots of research, and at first I was just doing smoothies.  They are quick, easy to drink and multi-task and DELICOUS!!  So, I have another Photographer that I follow, and she has been juicing, now I HATE vegetables, I really do.  So, I was watching an infomercial {haha!} and I saw how they were making juicing tasty, by covering it up with fruit.  Ding Ding!  Light bulb went off in my head.  I mean, why not give it a try?  So, I went and bought kale, spinach, carrots, pineapple, apples, strawberries, lettuce, and so forth.  I bought fresh and frozen.  I don't do canned.  Well, anyways!  So today I juiced for the first time, well tonight actually, it was my meal replacement for my supper!  


So this was my supper!  I plan on replacing two meals a day.  Breakfast and lunch, but today I ate lunch, so I did my supper!  Now, I do not use a measure so I will "guesstimate" on what the measure of what is!
So the ingredients are:
1/2 bannana
10 large strawberries
2 kiwis (peeled) 
1 cup of spinach
1 cup of kale
about 6 peeled baby carrots
3 blackberries (I know, odd!)
and I added ice to make it cool!  It is optional!
 So it filled up a large reusable cup!  It doesn't look pretty, but let me tell you, it honestly tasted just like a strawberry smoothie.  The strawberries were very strong and covered up the veggies!  I am in LOVE!!  Juicing for life!
 Just a top picture:)  It was a little bit frothy where it had air bubbles, but oh so yummy:)

Okay, and for breakfast {yes, I totally do things backwards.....always!}  I decided to do a protein smoothie, so I used:
     6oz Vanilla Yogurt (optional, can subsitute ice)
     1 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries
     1 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter!
      blend and ooh la la, oh so delicious!  
Please excuse my mess, and my crappy cell phone picture here.  My camera was dead:(

Okay, so now what I really want to do is do a review on The Baby Bullet.

So, first off let me state, no one pays me for my opinions.  I payed for my own bullet, it was not given to me by the company.  

Pros: works great for baby food.
         the milling blade is fantastic.
         small and compact, doesn't take up much counter space.
         
Cons: motor tends to seemed a little burnt up easily.
          blade isn't as strong, but then again, it is made for baby food.
          the containers aren't cheap.
          the blending containers are not marked with ounces and so forth.

Okay, so I have owned this bad boy for a few months now, and man, I really enjoy making baby food with it.  It is quick, easy, and you can't beat homemade!  Making your childs baby food is so much healthier, and it saves you.  It does take some time, but I rather know what is going in my child.  I am not knocking on anyone who has done it differently either!  

The Baby Bullet does exceptional work with making delicious smoothies, shakes, and juicing!  It is a great little product!  Mom's of older babies, or toddlers, it is very well worth your money.  I do everything homemade, even down to the nitty gritty of making my kiddos cereal, and oatmeal, HOMEMADE!!!  

So, I am going to make the time, and juice!  I am on a healthy kick.  I mean, I want to loose weight for myself, but I want to live a healthy life for my family.  I can't wait for everyone to follow me on my journey.  Today I said my last goodbye to Coke and Reece's.  

Tomorrow, I will be feeling the sweat drip down my nose, with a smile, because I am gonna kick my fat's butt!  I think if I keep up with this motivation I will do it!!  

I did however find an article very helpful, it talked about not having the will power, that is why we fail on diets and such.  I am READY!!  Bye bye baby fat, hello skinny jeans:)  I know I am dreaming, it is late!  

2 comments:

  1. This is not juicing, just making a smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called "green juice" so in a sense yes but since the babies no longer eat baby food I have upgraded to a real juicer :). It was a great starter with not really knowing much about "juicing"!

    ReplyDelete